I was a little bit apprehensive to come home by myself. It is a long flight and I was starting to drive myself a little crazy. I said a lot of prayers that we would be okay. I was hoping for an open seat next to me like I had on the way out. Unfortunately the plane was full. However I couldn't have sat next to anybody more helpful.
It was an older couple whose kids were grown. They adored Porter and thought he was so handsome and smart. They let him sit on their laps, open and close the window, take out all their magazines and walk all over their feet and things. They were heaven sent and really helped me to relax and get through that long, long flight. The lady was resting her eyes and Porter kept patting her, she told me not to worry, she was a mother and that she didn't mind at all. When we were landing she packed up all my stuff for me because Porter was asleep in my arms. She even kept out a sippy cup of juice in case he woke up and needed something to drink to pop his ears. They were so kind and I hope that I can one day return the favor. It made such a difference in my flight.
Arriving in Frankfurt
3 comments:
That was sooo nice of that old couple sitting next to you and porter on the plane. Defently heaven sent. Which proves there are still lots of good people in the world.
What a beautiful story. I'm so happy that there were some nice people to help you. I had thought about your long flights with Porter. There really are angels all around us.
I got teary reading that story. What a neat, neat memory you'll always keep of some super people. Those kinds of things mean soooo much, don't they? It's like that story of Pres. Kimball helping that lady in the airport with her little girl. Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment