Friday, September 4, 2009

cookie on a cloud

I made these cookies the other day to remember the good old days of working at the grand canyon. They were yum.
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW COOKIES

1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar, part brown
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. milk
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1/3 c. cocoa

ICING:

1 c. sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Cream shortening and sugar. Add egg, vanilla and milk. Add sifted dry ingredients. Mix well. Chill. Drop by teaspoonfuls. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and press on 1/2 of large marshmallow. Bake 2 minutes. Cool and frost.

Icing: Bring to a boil the sugar, milk and butter. Remove from the heat and add chocolate chips. Beat until all chips are melted. Frost entire cookie.

2 comments:

Jen M said...

those cookies look too good.

julean said...

hello! I just checked and yes, I do have all those ingredients. That seems like the perfect treat for after church! YUM!