


The other day Jackson asked me to play the 3 bigs and the big bad wolf with him at least 10 times. So I figured for family home evening we would talk about building strong foundations. Pretty big words, but he understands the story and we sang the wise man and the foolish man and built strong/weak foundations with blocks.
Well, Adam is back building houses and just so happened to be pouring foundations this week. So we decided to gave have lunch with daddy-o and see the foundations first hand. Jackson put on a hard hat and went right out in the field with dad. He loved it and asked questions and they were out there for 20 minutes while I was sitting in the car with Porter. It was so cute to see Jackson out there in his hard hat with all the workers just watching everything that was going on. It was cool to actually show him what we were talking to him about and teaching him. Thanks Adam.
2 comments:
Hi Kirsten,
What a clever mom you are. I love how you took that story and used it to teach Jackson and what a bonus that he got to actually see it in action. You two are such great teachers- I may just use that idea for our own family night! Love, Julean
Awesome! I bet Jackson had a blast. Let us know next time he's up and we'll have balloons, cookies, and popcorn at the tour center for him. That's a complete day at work.
Ray
Post a Comment