I thought I was getting better. But I basted this quilt this afternoon and realized that I sewed it right to the floor. Way to go Kirsten. Ah well....a lesson learned. But I love taping it to the floor so nothing shifts. Maybe I should do it on a hard floor. Usually I make Adam help me, because he is much better, but I had a minute and wanted to start quilting it this weekend so I thought I would get started. Blast.
7 comments:
Kir, that's hilarious! Glad to know I'm not the only one to make silly mistakes like that. And that quilt is awesome- did you make it up? I love it- I may just have to copy you. . . If it's a pattern, I'd love to know where you got it.
Kir, I love it! It reminds me of the time we nailed the sheet to the deck... Except we were under the sheet and we did it on purpose. That's an awesome quilt!
you are your projects make me feel terribly inadequate! way to go!
Kelly, I just saw it online and loved it and so I made one like it. But I believe that it is a pattern called bento box. I don't know that you would need a pattern though.
Amy, that memory will always make me laugh and laugh forever. You have always been so good to help me in my lifelong pursuit of not being eaten by mosquitoes.
Cinda, you make me laugh. I do always have a ton of things that I want to do in my head, but it is a different story to get them out. I used to make my mom help me finish everything, but since she has been gone, I have had to figure out how to do it and sew a straight line all by myself. It has helped me to get so much better, but I have a long ways to go.
Hey, that is so funny! I thought I was the only one to do goofy things like that. You know, though, you really are talented, I just love the design! Where do you find the time to do all the fun things? You're the best! I just love all you're stories. Love, Julean
I can't tell you how many times I've done that.
Wait -- are you hand quilting this??
Post a Comment