Friday, September 26, 2008

Insane in the membrane
































































Whew! This quilt took 7 or 8 bobbins (which I wound ahead of time) to finish. But I have to say that it was a great quilting project for a beginner. Because it is very forgiving and I could go wherever I wanted. I now feel so much more confident in machine quilting because it gave me a lot of good practice. And there is more to come. This is the smaller of the two quilts that I am making like this. I love the bold patterns and the quilting. I am so thrilled with how it all came together. 

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

Kir, that looks SO GOOD!!!! Did you do it with somebody teaching you to do the blocks, or did you just work off instructions by yourself?

cindave said...

that quilt looks amazing, kir! do you have a special sewing machine, or did you do that on a regular one? it looks awesome.

julean said...

I love the quilt! The colors are really fun and the quilting is awesome. You are very talented!

kara schmidt said...

It turned out so fabulous!

Amy said...

It does look awesome Kir!

Rona said...

It turned out great!!
You are so talented.
MOM:)

Emily said...

That looks so great! Wow!

madmar said...

I have to admit that I am impressed! It does look wonderful! You did a great job, honey! It is so fun for me to see your blog--thanks for all of it!