Later tonight we went to a baptism for a woman in our ward. As I was putting him down to sleep tonight he had so many questions about the "tub" and why she was in the water and about the blessing and how they "stand like this" with their hand up. I feel so happy and blessed to be able to teach this curious little boy.
And so I cannot quite decide if I should let his boy grow up or hold on to him as tight as I can.
7 comments:
HOLD ON TIGHT!! :)
"Too soon/Not yet" brought tears to my eyes, Kirs, it was just so poignant. Life really is so fleeting and all those precious moments go by so quickly. I guess you just have to enjoy them as much as you possibly can and hang on tight.
Hopefully we never grow up too much to need a hug, especially from our mommies. What a sweet little boy, hold on tight, its quite a ride.
It's crazy how fast those little ones grow up... but they're still little! Porter has really changed since we saw you last. He's not a baby anymore.
What a fun "boat"! I love that Jackson and Porter are starting to play together now. It's so much fun to watch siblings grow together.
i've been having this same battle. you want to get past the tantrums and the fits, but there's so much that you want to hold on to and remember and never want to end.
Oh Kirsten, this post made me cry. It's so true what you said. Hold on tight to them as much as you can, especially those beautiful moments. The bad and hard times seem to fade away. I guess we just need to love our little ones all the time no matter how they are acting. Thanks for what you wrote...I have a feeling it will stick with me for a long time. Love, j
They grow up too quickly - before you know it they'll be five with a broken arm going to kindergarten! AAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment