Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Christmas projects 08

I meant to put up some of the projects that we made for Christmas this year. However, I wanted to give the presents first so as not to spoil any surprises and then I forgot to get them up. It was really fun to make something for each of the boys. If we can handle it I would like to continue doing that for years. Here are some of the things we did.
Super Hero Capes:
Live in action:
They have some sweet hero moves
I have enough to do one for Porter when he gets taller too. I love seeing them run around in their capes.

A pocket apron with felt strawberries for Audrey:
Love notes that I tucked in Porter's fabric beach balls
Porter loves these beach balls (almost as much as food!) and I have been surprised how much Jackson plays with them too. 

This looks like a toy factory! Adam made 5 of these wooden car transporters. We finished 3 in time for Christmas for Porter and Heber and Aaron. We bought out all the wooden wheels we could find at all the local craft stores. When we find more wheels we can finish the other 2. These were a hit. I love looking at them.
Here is Aaron playing with his truck at Christmas:
Here is the apron that I made for Janice
When I get a chance I will make one for myself too! (thanks Kara for your wonderful pattern)

I hope that we start earlier and get more done next year. It will be really sweet when Adam can actually use his tools instead of having to go to other people's houses.

5 comments:

cindave said...

holy crap, kir! those projects are all awesome! i did a few homemade items, but nothing like that! nice work to all. those car transporters are amazing. tell adam i said so!

Emily said...

You are so talented! (and Adam too!)

Emily

Jen M said...

You and adam did a great job with all those projects! you are both very talented. i love the caps and the wooden cars adam made. very cool!!

CJ said...

Audrey loves her apron, she shares her strawberries with her sisters, and friends that come over. Then she puts them all back in the pockets. You guys are so creative! Way to go!

julean said...

So that is what the North Pole really looks like! Aaron (and company) still play with those trucks all the time. I love looking at them too. I would love to see some video of Jackson's superhero moves! Can't wait to have him over.